Progress: Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC

Partilha aqui os teus dotes de modelista
lsantos
Mensagens: 43
Registado: sábado out 29, 2005 4:28 pm
Localização: Torres Vedras
Contacto:

Mensagem por lsantos »

As per your username (P64) you were born in 1964. I was born in 1974, when I will have your age, in ten years from now, perhaps my modelling skills will be like 10% of yours. :D

Congratulations! I have been following your collection here and in automotiveforums.com and your builds are just delicious.

Do you have any personal website where I can see all your collection?

Tks
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Luis, thank you a lot for your comment. Never say never, I improved my skill in the latest 5 years only, so... you have time enough. And the point is not the personal skill, we all have to enjoy our hobby, mainly.

I do not have a own website, sorry.

Ciao! Alessandro :)
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Nothing special about the spectacular exhausts, black primer, Alclad gloss black and a mixture of Alclad chrome and jet exhaust. Tips have been washed with Tamiya smoke. Front splitter have been sanded on its back, then sprayed with semi-gloss black and covered with BBR decals.

Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Body is now almost ready. Painting and decaling have been carried out over a period of three weeks and consisted in the following process:
Overall wet sanding with #1500 grit
Lechler matt white primer
Lechler gloss white
PPG gloss red (Rosso Scuderia 323), masking with Tamiya tape
Talken gloss black for sideskirts, masking with Tamiya tape
Kit decals applied with the help of Mr. Mark Softer from Gunze
Lechler epoxy clearcoat

Many thanks for the comments. Alessandro :)

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
lucas
Mensagens: 2334
Registado: terça mar 16, 2004 12:42 pm
Localização: Funchal-Madeira

Mensagem por lucas »

fantastik.
Avatar do Utilizador
Muttley
Mensagens: 485
Registado: domingo jan 01, 2006 9:34 pm
Localização: Brasil

Mensagem por Muttley »

Sem Palavras. :D :D :D
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi Guys, I blackened the areas of the windows trims, hand-painted the inner parts with Humbrol semi-gloss black and also painted all the panel lines. I painted without any care the lines with Tamiya semi-gloss black X-18 and, once dried, I removed the excess with a scratch-remover (Arexons Rimuovi Graffi in this case), obtaining a straight and clean line. I also glued on the body the lateral air outlets housings and the grilles on the rear bumper and added the windshield stiffener made of square styrene strip
Side skirts have been totally carbon covered with BBR decals, applied OMP logos from the kit and I decided to replace the heat protection plate decals provided in the kit with bare metal foil for more realism. Then glued the exhaust pipes on each side with superglue.

Have a nice weekend ! Alessandro :)

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
fufas
Mensagens: 360
Registado: terça mar 02, 2004 1:26 pm
Localização: Porto
Contacto:

Mensagem por fufas »

Next you are going to put some gas and take a ride in it..................
I´m amazed.....
Avatar do Utilizador
lucas
Mensagens: 2334
Registado: terça mar 16, 2004 12:42 pm
Localização: Funchal-Madeira

Mensagem por lucas »

nice work!
Última edição por lucas em domingo abr 16, 2006 6:49 pm, editado 1 vez no total.
Avatar do Utilizador
joaocm
Mensagens: 6
Registado: domingo abr 16, 2006 9:03 am
Localização: Porto

Mensagem por joaocm »

Just amazing!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"I don't drive fast... I just fly low..."
Imagem
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

Is getting better day by day!

You're making a great job... congratulations!!! :D
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hello ! The taillights have been molded in solid red resin, with a very poor realism. So I copied them in clear resin and, following a tip Robi J gave me, to better paint them I drilled out the central parts replacing it with some clear rods I found on a Tamiya sprue. I painted the taillights with Tamiya X-22, X-26 and X-27. Then, the additional brake light is provided with red-coloured resin which is not correct for the Barron Conner cars. I sanded down the resin up to the etched parts and replaced the clear lens with UHU-plus slow epoxy glue.
Thanks for the comments, as always. Alessandro :)

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi Guys, taillights have been finally placed. Headlight housings have been painted with Humbrol chrome silver and from scrap parts I found some headlights lenses, glued to the boby with white glue and then painted with Humbrol clear yellow. Headlight covers have been also glued to the body with the same glue using Tamiya masking tape to hold them in place overnight.
Clear parts has been the most challenging part of this building. Window frames come in etched form (that I sprayed with automotive semi-gloss black) and have to be glued to the pre-cut glass parts. The risk to damage them at this step is high, I glued the frame to the clear parts with a sort of mastic (Bison in this case) and, once dried, I carefully and gently bent them to conform to the boby shape and glued to it with Bindan white glue. Again I fixed all the clear parts with Tamiya masking tape to the body and let dry for 24 hours. With the most care possible I’ll remove tomorrow the masking tape.
Alessandro :)

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
El boss
Mensagens: 773
Registado: quinta jan 20, 2005 7:17 pm
Localização: MAIA

Mensagem por El boss »

SUBERB!!!!

just beautiful
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
Patrick Bateman
Mensagens: 1157
Registado: sexta fev 13, 2004 7:02 pm
Localização: Linda-a-Velha

Mensagem por Patrick Bateman »

AWESOME!
the parts replicating the windows came with the PE set or are they standard parts?
rgds
patrick
Imagem
Responder