Página 2 de 5

Enviado: domingo mar 12, 2006 1:32 am
por P64
The lateral rollcage protection has been added, I glued this parts with cyanoacrylate and at the same stage I glued a scrap turned part on the front horizontal tube (on the right side) to simulate the light. The entire assembly has been sprayed with automotive Talken black and then sprayed with alckyd Talken aluminium. In the kit is also included the sensor which is connected on the rollcage, right side. It’s made of white metal, I cleaned it with file and sandpaper, drilled the hole and painted with Tamiya X-23 clear blue. Next comes the cockpit.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: domingo mar 12, 2006 1:57 am
por HGouveia
Nice job!! 8) Keep going!

Enviado: domingo mar 12, 2006 11:18 am
por lucas
execelent!!!

Enviado: domingo mar 12, 2006 11:13 pm
por Muttley
=D> =D> =D>

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 1:49 am
por Evolution VI
I'm completly amazed with these pictures... Unbelivable progress!

Keep up with the good work...

Cheers

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 2:06 am
por P64
Hi to all. Cables and accessories are molded on the cockpit, I do not like this technique so I milled away the cables. I removed from the tunnel all the switches and connectors that I’ll replace with metal parts. Then, looking at my reference pictures, I discovered that the tunnel had at Le Mans a different shape which I replicated with quick epoxy putty. I also detailed the air intakes with some parts from drinking straw to simulate the flexible hoses.
(Thanks for the comments) Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 9:38 am
por PMMSC
Very nice, really very nice!

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 2:00 pm
por El boss
yes yes...

very nice

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 2:19 pm
por dias
I´ve got to do the same at my project... that cables molded in the cockpit look awful.
Nice work... keep it going.

Enviado: quarta mar 15, 2006 3:33 pm
por P64
These are my interiors reference pictures. Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: quinta mar 16, 2006 1:37 am
por P64
Hi to all, a little progress and now the cockpit is ready for painting.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: quinta mar 16, 2006 9:34 am
por PMMSC
Nice looking!!!

Enviado: quinta mar 16, 2006 12:35 pm
por L. Dias
Absolutely inspiring! :shock:
Thanks for sharing and for keeping us updated. :)


Cheers,
Luis

Enviado: sábado mar 18, 2006 2:50 pm
por P64
Hi to all. Undercarriage is now ready, after an automotive black coat as primer, I sprayed it with aluminium. The tunnel have been black primered as well and then covered with BBR carbon decals. I replaced the toggle switches (previously removed) with some brass rods and scrap photoetched roundels. I bent thin copper tube and cut out some slices from the same material to replicate the lateral connectors, thank you for the comments.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: sexta mar 24, 2006 4:53 pm
por P64
Hi to all, after having slightly sanded dashboard and steering wheel, I primed them with semi-gloss black. I masked the shell which have to be carbon covered (BBR), and I started spraying dense matt black from a long distance to achieve the velvet effect. Instrument panel is a 1:1 photo reduced down to 1/24. Ventilation intakes are etched parts simply painted black in their inner area. I milled a little the brass rod supplied with the kit to obtain a more realistic steering wheel column. Ready also the door panels, sprayed semi-gloss black and covered with BBR carbon decals. Have a nice weekend ! Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem