Página 1 de 1
Lotus 107B Ford
Enviado: sexta fev 24, 2006 5:27 pm
por Rallymaster
Enviado: sexta fev 24, 2006 9:50 pm
por Rallymaster
First update.. how about that
Okey.. this is just a little experiment I have tested..
I took a roll of masking tape.. cutted it into strips and then layed it down on the underchassis to replicate CF since I don´t have any of the SAS or Studio27 CF.. how does it look?
Before:
After:
I also sanded the wheels..
That´s it.. hope you like it!
____________
Rickard
Hi i have a tip for you
Enviado: sexta fev 24, 2006 10:19 pm
por paulo duarte
Most of us don't spend two mutch money on photoetch just paint it, only the way is a little diference, i'll explain better;
First the panels are painted flat black ( wathever they may be,mirrors spoilers etc), after the paint as dried we put one of the fine mesh over the parts stretching the mesh and paint over with a german grey or flat aluminium paint , when you pull out the mesh the fine texture between the mesh is painted on the black surface, over the paint the pieces receive one overcoat with clear or smoke paint.
The tutorial apears on the tmmi magazine painted by Marcus Nichols i presume if i have time and find the magazine i'll place the links to my photografic site to you see the work.
Best regards
Paulo duarte
Enviado: sábado fev 25, 2006 9:45 pm
por Rallymaster
okey.. UPDATE !
I decided to try out the CF with the mesh..
Here is the top of the chassis.. NOTICE! : You can see it because I fixed the lamp so you CAN see
I painted the bodyshell.. TS-26 Pure White
And here are the wheels.. made them dirty.. will probably make the whole car the dirty look..

__________
Rickard
Enviado: sábado fev 25, 2006 10:00 pm
por valdispert
What yellow tape is that? it looks like something similar to tamiya tape.
Enviado: sábado fev 25, 2006 10:53 pm
por Rallymaster
it´s masking tape.. if you know what that is?

Enviado: domingo fev 26, 2006 3:56 pm
por valdispert
I asked it because I've been reading on another sites about cheaper replacements for tamiya tape. Yours seems quite similar in texture and colour and as you seem to be a skilled and prolific modeller I thought you had found it.
Enviado: domingo fev 26, 2006 10:31 pm
por Tigre
Nice livery in this Lotus, but very tricky decals
Enviado: segunda mar 13, 2006 9:56 pm
por Rallymaster
Okey.. I made a rush on this one on saturday,sunday and today.. and here it is.. 99% done.. I basically screwed the decals up.. they were hard to get on.. I had to glue a lot of them in place..

anyway.. hope you like it.. will try to get some clearer pics when it´s 100% complete..
____________
Rickard
Enviado: terça mar 14, 2006 11:22 am
por Patrick Bateman
Hi
looks fine to me,
just a nagging uestion.. what exacly do you mean when you say you had "to glue the decals"?? you didn't actually use glue, did you?
rgds
patrick
Enviado: terça mar 14, 2006 9:01 pm
por Rallymaster
I used something called decal glue? :S It won´t crack the decals.. I only used it on the edges where it sticks out..
What about the mesh
Enviado: terça mar 14, 2006 9:13 pm
por paulo duarte
Works good on your chassis, from the pictures whe can't see but theres a strike efect on the bottom, the mesh have to be stretched until touch the pieces to paint, this way the paint doesn't flow out the patern.
Hope mi hint helps you.
Best Regards
Paulo Duarte