Página 1 de 5

Progress: Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC

Enviado: domingo fev 26, 2006 12:38 pm
por P64
Hello to all, I started working on my Tecnomodel 575. Despite the body comes out of mold very clean, it needs to be finished, I sanded here and there and also milled the headilights recesses because I’ll replace the photoetched kit headlights with some clear lenses I found in my scrap box.
I also discovered some air bubbles on the side skirts so I opened and cleaned them. I put in some styrene roundels instead of using putty and glued with slow cianoacrylate. That’s all for the moment.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: domingo fev 26, 2006 11:10 pm
por Petter
Looking great already, Alessandro! I wish you the best of luck =)

Cheers,
Pedro.

Enviado: segunda fev 27, 2006 10:01 am
por deflord
Hell let me see... another masterpiece i presume. Great work Alessandro. The detail level that you can put in your models leaves me with my mouth open.
Could you post some pictures of other model... the cutaway ferraris would be great.

For those who don't know alessandro is one of the top modelers in the world.
i've seen is models in tmmy (tamya model magazine international) and in the web and let me tell you... you should see to belive!!!

Enviado: terça fev 28, 2006 10:33 pm
por P64
Hi guys, just a little progress. I slightly cleaned the wheels axis and the rims, sanded down the tires mold seams and made a test fit on the body. No problem at all, I got immediately the correct set-up.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: quarta mar 01, 2006 10:38 am
por PMMSC
Very very very nice details!!! :D

Keep going!

Enviado: quarta mar 01, 2006 11:10 am
por dias
Looks nice... i´m looking forward to see more progress of this Ferrari.

Enviado: sábado mar 04, 2006 1:37 am
por P64
Hello,
Tecnomodel made the caliper as a photoetched parts to be bent onto the brake disc. I found in my scrap box some resin discs and I cut away the calipers, the photoetched ones will be glued on the resin parts. With a weapon burnisher I blackened the inner area of the brake discs and, once dried, I sanded off the burnisher excess.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: domingo mar 05, 2006 5:58 pm
por P64
Hello, a little more progress. After having sprayed the calipers with Alclad black (as base) and gold, I painted the Brembo logo in red, discs have been painted with Humbrol metalcote. Wheels glued to their axis with quick epoxy glue, the locking nuts washed with Tamiya smoke.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: segunda mar 06, 2006 2:27 pm
por dias
Those wheels look awesome!!
Great job on the brembo calipers...

Enviado: terça mar 07, 2006 9:30 am
por PMMSC
I agree with Dias!!!

The Wheels are looking very good!

Keep going!!!

Enviado: quarta mar 08, 2006 9:16 pm
por P64
Hi (and thank you for the comments). Since one year I’m experimenting the welding of white metal and photoetched parts on some 1/43 F1. For the rear diffuser so I used this technique. Once assembled I discovered that the diffuser was pointing towards the floor so I added a styrene strip to correct it. Then I sprayed the diffuser with black automotive laquer and after a couple of days covered it with BBR carbon decals.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem

Enviado: quarta mar 08, 2006 9:41 pm
por El boss
ohh my god!!! it looks awesome...

keep going

cheers

Enviado: quinta mar 09, 2006 6:36 pm
por fufas
Amazing job!Specially that carbon rear diffuser!

Enviado: sexta mar 10, 2006 10:36 am
por PMMSC
Wonderfull job!!!

Amazing carbon effect....

Enviado: sábado mar 11, 2006 1:48 pm
por P64
After having sanded the rollcage components, which are perfect, I proceed welding the assembly. Then, I milled and sanded the welding excess and with dots of cyanoacrilate I glued on the rollcage the various photoetched stiffeners. I checked their positioning with the body installed and I was lucky in getting a fine result in one step only.
Have a nice weekend and, as always, thank you for the comments.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem