Progress: Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC

Partilha aqui os teus dotes de modelista
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Progress: Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC

Mensagem por P64 »

Hello to all, I started working on my Tecnomodel 575. Despite the body comes out of mold very clean, it needs to be finished, I sanded here and there and also milled the headilights recesses because I’ll replace the photoetched kit headlights with some clear lenses I found in my scrap box.
I also discovered some air bubbles on the side skirts so I opened and cleaned them. I put in some styrene roundels instead of using putty and glued with slow cianoacrylate. That’s all for the moment.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Petter
Mensagens: 1363
Registado: quinta fev 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Localização: Aveiro

Mensagem por Petter »

Looking great already, Alessandro! I wish you the best of luck =)

Cheers,
Pedro.
deflord
Mensagens: 2
Registado: sexta nov 18, 2005 7:14 pm

Mensagem por deflord »

Hell let me see... another masterpiece i presume. Great work Alessandro. The detail level that you can put in your models leaves me with my mouth open.
Could you post some pictures of other model... the cutaway ferraris would be great.

For those who don't know alessandro is one of the top modelers in the world.
i've seen is models in tmmy (tamya model magazine international) and in the web and let me tell you... you should see to belive!!!
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi guys, just a little progress. I slightly cleaned the wheels axis and the rims, sanded down the tires mold seams and made a test fit on the body. No problem at all, I got immediately the correct set-up.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

Very very very nice details!!! :D

Keep going!
Avatar do Utilizador
dias
Mensagens: 2559
Registado: quarta fev 11, 2004 3:13 pm
Localização: Cacém - Lisboa

Mensagem por dias »

Looks nice... i´m looking forward to see more progress of this Ferrari.
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hello,
Tecnomodel made the caliper as a photoetched parts to be bent onto the brake disc. I found in my scrap box some resin discs and I cut away the calipers, the photoetched ones will be glued on the resin parts. With a weapon burnisher I blackened the inner area of the brake discs and, once dried, I sanded off the burnisher excess.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hello, a little more progress. After having sprayed the calipers with Alclad black (as base) and gold, I painted the Brembo logo in red, discs have been painted with Humbrol metalcote. Wheels glued to their axis with quick epoxy glue, the locking nuts washed with Tamiya smoke.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
dias
Mensagens: 2559
Registado: quarta fev 11, 2004 3:13 pm
Localização: Cacém - Lisboa

Mensagem por dias »

Those wheels look awesome!!
Great job on the brembo calipers...
Imagem
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

I agree with Dias!!!

The Wheels are looking very good!

Keep going!!!
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi (and thank you for the comments). Since one year I’m experimenting the welding of white metal and photoetched parts on some 1/43 F1. For the rear diffuser so I used this technique. Once assembled I discovered that the diffuser was pointing towards the floor so I added a styrene strip to correct it. Then I sprayed the diffuser with black automotive laquer and after a couple of days covered it with BBR carbon decals.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
El boss
Mensagens: 773
Registado: quinta jan 20, 2005 7:17 pm
Localização: MAIA

Mensagem por El boss »

ohh my god!!! it looks awesome...

keep going

cheers
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
fufas
Mensagens: 360
Registado: terça mar 02, 2004 1:26 pm
Localização: Porto
Contacto:

Mensagem por fufas »

Amazing job!Specially that carbon rear diffuser!
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

Wonderfull job!!!

Amazing carbon effect....
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

After having sanded the rollcage components, which are perfect, I proceed welding the assembly. Then, I milled and sanded the welding excess and with dots of cyanoacrilate I glued on the rollcage the various photoetched stiffeners. I checked their positioning with the body installed and I was lucky in getting a fine result in one step only.
Have a nice weekend and, as always, thank you for the comments.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Responder