Lotus 107B Ford

Partilha aqui os teus dotes de modelista
Responder
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Lotus 107B Ford

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

This looks like a superb kit.. this car raced in the formula 1 series back in 1993.. alot of parts in the kit.. ahh.. see for yourself :)

Imagem

Imagem

Imagem

Imagem

Imagem

That´s it for now.. hope you like the "progress" :roll: :P
____________
Rickard
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

First update.. how about that :D
Okey.. this is just a little experiment I have tested..
I took a roll of masking tape.. cutted it into strips and then layed it down on the underchassis to replicate CF since I don´t have any of the SAS or Studio27 CF.. how does it look? :)

Before:

Imagem

After:

Imagem

I also sanded the wheels..

Imagem

That´s it.. hope you like it! :)
____________
Rickard
paulo duarte
Mensagens: 307
Registado: domingo jul 03, 2005 10:36 pm
Localização: cascais

Hi i have a tip for you

Mensagem por paulo duarte »

Most of us don't spend two mutch money on photoetch just paint it, only the way is a little diference, i'll explain better;
First the panels are painted flat black ( wathever they may be,mirrors spoilers etc), after the paint as dried we put one of the fine mesh over the parts stretching the mesh and paint over with a german grey or flat aluminium paint , when you pull out the mesh the fine texture between the mesh is painted on the black surface, over the paint the pieces receive one overcoat with clear or smoke paint.
The tutorial apears on the tmmi magazine painted by Marcus Nichols i presume if i have time and find the magazine i'll place the links to my photografic site to you see the work.
Best regards
Paulo duarte
raio do pelo debaixo do verniz
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

okey.. UPDATE ! :D

I decided to try out the CF with the mesh..

Imagem

Imagem

Here is the top of the chassis.. NOTICE! : You can see it because I fixed the lamp so you CAN see

Imagem

I painted the bodyshell.. TS-26 Pure White

Imagem

And here are the wheels.. made them dirty.. will probably make the whole car the dirty look..

Imagem
__________
Rickard
valdispert
Mensagens: 390
Registado: segunda set 27, 2004 11:36 am

Mensagem por valdispert »

What yellow tape is that? it looks like something similar to tamiya tape.
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

it´s masking tape.. if you know what that is? :D
valdispert
Mensagens: 390
Registado: segunda set 27, 2004 11:36 am

Mensagem por valdispert »

I asked it because I've been reading on another sites about cheaper replacements for tamiya tape. Yours seems quite similar in texture and colour and as you seem to be a skilled and prolific modeller I thought you had found it.
Avatar do Utilizador
Tigre
Mensagens: 1111
Registado: quarta ago 18, 2004 9:39 am

Mensagem por Tigre »

Nice livery in this Lotus, but very tricky decals
1abraço
Luis Miguel
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

Okey.. I made a rush on this one on saturday,sunday and today.. and here it is.. 99% done.. I basically screwed the decals up.. they were hard to get on.. I had to glue a lot of them in place.. :-? anyway.. hope you like it.. will try to get some clearer pics when it´s 100% complete..

Imagem

Imagem

Imagem

Imagem

____________
Rickard
Avatar do Utilizador
Patrick Bateman
Mensagens: 1157
Registado: sexta fev 13, 2004 7:02 pm
Localização: Linda-a-Velha

Mensagem por Patrick Bateman »

Hi
looks fine to me,
just a nagging uestion.. what exacly do you mean when you say you had "to glue the decals"?? you didn't actually use glue, did you?
rgds
patrick
Imagem
Rallymaster
Mensagens: 105
Registado: sexta mai 13, 2005 1:47 pm
Localização: Arlöv, Sweden

Mensagem por Rallymaster »

I used something called decal glue? :S It won´t crack the decals.. I only used it on the edges where it sticks out..
paulo duarte
Mensagens: 307
Registado: domingo jul 03, 2005 10:36 pm
Localização: cascais

What about the mesh

Mensagem por paulo duarte »

Works good on your chassis, from the pictures whe can't see but theres a strike efect on the bottom, the mesh have to be stretched until touch the pieces to paint, this way the paint doesn't flow out the patern.
Hope mi hint helps you.
Best Regards
Paulo Duarte
raio do pelo debaixo do verniz
Responder