Progress: Tecnomodel 1/24 Ferrari 575 GTC

Partilha aqui os teus dotes de modelista
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

The lateral rollcage protection has been added, I glued this parts with cyanoacrylate and at the same stage I glued a scrap turned part on the front horizontal tube (on the right side) to simulate the light. The entire assembly has been sprayed with automotive Talken black and then sprayed with alckyd Talken aluminium. In the kit is also included the sensor which is connected on the rollcage, right side. It’s made of white metal, I cleaned it with file and sandpaper, drilled the hole and painted with Tamiya X-23 clear blue. Next comes the cockpit.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
HGouveia
Mensagens: 427
Registado: sexta set 10, 2004 8:01 pm
Localização: Madeira

Mensagem por HGouveia »

Nice job!! 8) Keep going!
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
lucas
Mensagens: 2334
Registado: terça mar 16, 2004 12:42 pm
Localização: Funchal-Madeira

Mensagem por lucas »

execelent!!!
Avatar do Utilizador
Muttley
Mensagens: 485
Registado: domingo jan 01, 2006 9:34 pm
Localização: Brasil

Mensagem por Muttley »

=D> =D> =D>
Avatar do Utilizador
Evolution VI
Mensagens: 1676
Registado: segunda fev 09, 2004 3:49 am
Localização: Vila Nova de Gaia

Mensagem por Evolution VI »

I'm completly amazed with these pictures... Unbelivable progress!

Keep up with the good work...

Cheers
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi to all. Cables and accessories are molded on the cockpit, I do not like this technique so I milled away the cables. I removed from the tunnel all the switches and connectors that I’ll replace with metal parts. Then, looking at my reference pictures, I discovered that the tunnel had at Le Mans a different shape which I replicated with quick epoxy putty. I also detailed the air intakes with some parts from drinking straw to simulate the flexible hoses.
(Thanks for the comments) Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

Very nice, really very nice!
El boss
Mensagens: 773
Registado: quinta jan 20, 2005 7:17 pm
Localização: MAIA

Mensagem por El boss »

yes yes...

very nice
Imagem
Avatar do Utilizador
dias
Mensagens: 2559
Registado: quarta fev 11, 2004 3:13 pm
Localização: Cacém - Lisboa

Mensagem por dias »

I´ve got to do the same at my project... that cables molded in the cockpit look awful.
Nice work... keep it going.
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

These are my interiors reference pictures. Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi to all, a little progress and now the cockpit is ready for painting.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
PMMSC
Mensagens: 2386
Registado: quarta fev 04, 2004 9:27 am
Localização: Cartaxo

Mensagem por PMMSC »

Nice looking!!!
L. Dias
Mensagens: 304
Registado: quinta jun 02, 2005 5:19 pm
Localização: Mafra
Contacto:

Mensagem por L. Dias »

Absolutely inspiring! :shock:
Thanks for sharing and for keeping us updated. :)


Cheers,
Luis
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi to all. Undercarriage is now ready, after an automotive black coat as primer, I sprayed it with aluminium. The tunnel have been black primered as well and then covered with BBR carbon decals. I replaced the toggle switches (previously removed) with some brass rods and scrap photoetched roundels. I bent thin copper tube and cut out some slices from the same material to replicate the lateral connectors, thank you for the comments.
Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
P64
Mensagens: 31
Registado: sábado fev 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Localização: Monza - Italy

Mensagem por P64 »

Hi to all, after having slightly sanded dashboard and steering wheel, I primed them with semi-gloss black. I masked the shell which have to be carbon covered (BBR), and I started spraying dense matt black from a long distance to achieve the velvet effect. Instrument panel is a 1:1 photo reduced down to 1/24. Ventilation intakes are etched parts simply painted black in their inner area. I milled a little the brass rod supplied with the kit to obtain a more realistic steering wheel column. Ready also the door panels, sprayed semi-gloss black and covered with BBR carbon decals. Have a nice weekend ! Alessandro

Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Imagem
Responder